Follow the methods we have prepared for Galaxy Note 10 + / Note 10 not fast charging issue and its solution.
How To Fix Galaxy Note 10 Won’t Fast Charge Issue | fast charging does not work
If your Galaxy Note10 + won’t fast charge, there are some factors you should consider to fix the problem. Follow the suggestions below.
Galaxy Note 10 Won’t Fast Charging Issue # 1: Make sure fast charging is ON
Galaxy Note + fast charging feature is enabled by default. If you’ve made some changes to your phone’s settings before, be sure to also check if you forgot to turn on fast charging. This can be done easily. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Device Maintenance.
- Tap the battery.
- Tap the other settings icon (three dots at the top right).
- Tap Settings.
- Swipe down and tap the Fast cable charge button to turn it on (move the slider to the right).
Galaxy Note 10 Won’t Fast Charging Issue # 2: Use genuine Samsung charging accessories
We recommend using only the charging cable and adapter provided in the box. If you’re not using them right now, find the original set and see if your Galaxy Note10 + will fast charge while using it.
Galaxy Note 10 Won’t Fast Charging Issue # 3: Restart the device
If your Galaxy Note10 + is still not fast charging, the next thing you want to do would be to restart the phone. This can work if the cause of the problem is a temporary error causing the system to freeze or become unresponsive. If you haven’t tried this yet, be sure to do it this time.
Try rebooting normally by pressing the Power button first to access the boot menu. Next, select the Restart option and see if it works.
Another way to restart the device is to press and hold the Volume Down button and Power key simultaneously for 10 seconds or until the device’s screen turns on. This simulates the effect of removing the battery from the device. If this works, it can unlock the device.
If rebooting regularly doesn’t work, try this:
- Press and hold the Volume Down button first and don’t let go.
- While holding it down, press and hold the Power key.
- Keep both keys held down for 10 seconds or more.
The second reboot procedure tries to simulate the effects of removing the battery pack. In older devices, disconnecting the battery is often an effective way to fix devices that are not responding. If nothing has changed though, move on to the next recommendations.
It can be helpful to regularly reboot your device, at least once a week. If you’re going to forget something, we recommend that you configure your phone to restart on its own. You can schedule this task by following the steps below:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Device Maintenance.
- Tap the 3 dots at the top.
- Select the Auto reboot option.
Galaxy Note 10 Won’t Fast Charging Issue # 4: Try another charging cable and adapter
Using another original Samsung Galaxy Note10 + charging cable and adapter set is not a bad idea. Sometimes, USB cables or charging adapter can break. If you know someone with your Note10 +, check if the charging accessories will allow your device to fast charge. In this case, there may be an issue with your own charging accessories. What you have to do is change it. Make sure you get your replacement from your local Samsung store.
Galaxy Note 10 Not Fast Charging Issue # Method 5: Check port
Sometimes, Samsung Galaxy devices may not fast charge if there is something blocking the charging cable in the port or the port is dirty. If you’ve confirmed that your charging accessories are okay, the next step would be to make sure the charging port is not blocked. Sometimes, dirt or lint can get inside the port and prevent the cable from connecting properly. You can use a magnifying glass tool to check the port. If there is any obvious traces of dirt or lint inside, use a can of compressed air to clean it up.
Also, if you have recently exposed your Galaxy Note10 + to water, it is possible that there is moisture inside. This can prevent the device from charging. Normally, your device should show a “Moisture detected” warning in this state. But not getting one doesn’t mean the charging port is 100% moisture free. If you suspect that the charging port may be wet, consider drying the phone.
An easy way to dry at home is to use uncooked rice or silica gel packs (what comes with your shoe box). If you use brass, cover your device completely with it. Next, close the container and leave the phone there for at least 48 hours.
A more effective way to dry your appliance at home is to use silica gel packs instead of rice. It absorbs moisture faster than rice, so you can cut the drying time in about half. Thus, instead of leaving the device in a sealed container for 2 days, it will do 24 hours. You can buy silica gel packs at your local craft store.
Galaxy Note 10 Won’t Fast Charging Issue # 6: Calibrate software and battery
In the past, there were instances where some Samsung Galaxy devices had issues with the fast charging feature when the device’s Power Management was not working properly. In this case, the user just needs to recalibrate the battery and software. This is easy. Here’s how to do it:
- Drain the battery completely. This means that your device will be used until it turns itself off and the battery level reads 0%.
- Charge the phone until it reaches 100%. Be sure to use the original charging equipment for your device and let it fully charge. Do not charge your device for at least two more hours and do not use it while charging.
- Remove your device after the elapsed time.
- Restart the device.
- Use your phone until it is completely exhausted.
- Repeat steps 1-5.
Galaxy Note 10 Won’t Fast Charging Issue # 7: Install Updates
Installing updates can sometimes be an effective way to fix known issues. If you currently have an update pending, you want to make sure you install it. This applies to both software and application updates.
By default, Galaxy Note 10 + is set to automatically tell you if there is an available update for software or apps. If you change this setting before, you can go ahead and manually check for updates.
To see if there is a software update available, go to Settings> Software updates.
For application updates, simply open the Google Play Store application and install the updates for your applications from there.
Galaxy Note 10 Won’t Fast Charging Issue # Method 8: Charge in Safe Mode
Sometimes, charging issues can be caused by a bad app. If your Galaxy Note10 + won’t fast charge after installing an app, delete the app in question and see if the issue has been resolved. If you can’t remember the app, try rebooting into safe mode.
In this mode, all third party apps i.e. apps you added after installing the phone will be suspended. If your Galaxy Note10 + charges normally while in safe mode, you can assume one of the third party apps is to blame.
Here are the steps to restart in safe mode:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Power key past the model name screen appearing on the screen.
- When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Keep holding the Volume down key until the device finishes rebooting.
- When Safe mode appears in the lower left corner of the screen, release the Volume down key.
- Let your phone work, open the camera app and check for the problem.
If there is no charging issue at all and your Galaxy Note10 + normally only works in safe mode, you can continue to narrow down suspicious apps with the following steps:
- Boot into safe mode.
- Check the problem.
- Once you’ve confirmed that a third party app is to blame, you can start uninstalling apps one by one. We recommend that you start with the most recently added ones.
- After uninstalling an app, restart the phone to normal mode and check for the problem.
- 1-4 if Galaxy Note10 + is still problematic. Repeat the steps.
Galaxy Note 10 Won’t Fast Charging Issue # 9: Factory reset
In this case, the last solution that you can do is factory reset. If the camera problems on your Galaxy Note10 + are caused by software used in nature, a master or factory reset may help.
Below are two ways to factory reset your Note10 +:
Method 1: How to hard reset on Samsung Galaxy Note10 + from Settings Menu
This is the easiest way to erase your Galaxy Note10 +. all you have to do is go to the Settings menu and follow the steps below. We recommend this method when you don’t have any issues under settings.
- Make a backup of your personal data and remove your Google account.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to the General management option and tap it.
- Tap Reset.
- Choose Factory data reset from the given options.
- Read the information and tap Reset to continue.
- Tap Delete All to confirm action.
Method 2: hard reset on Samsung Galaxy Note10 + using hardware buttons
If your situation is that the phone is not turning on or it is booting but the Settings menu is inaccessible, this method can help. First of all, you need to boot the device into Recovery Mode. Once you’ve successfully accessed the recovery, it’s time to start the proper master reset. You may need to do some experiments before accessing Recovery, so be patient and try again.
- If possible, take a backup of your personal data beforehand. If your problem is preventing you from doing this, just skip this step.
- Also, you want to make sure you remove your Google account. If your problem is preventing you from doing this, just skip this step.
- Turn off the device. This is important. If you can’t turn it off, you’ll never be able to boot into Recovery Mode. If you are unable to regularly turn off the device via the Power button, wait until the phone’s battery runs out. Then charge the phone for 30 minutes before booting into Recovery Mode.
- Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Bixby button at the same time.
- While holding down the Volume Up and Bixby keys, press and hold the Power button.
- The recovery screen menu will now appear. When you see this, release the buttons.
- ‘Wipe data / factory reset.’ Use the Volume Down button until the option is highlighted.
- Press the Power button to select ‘Wipe data / factory reset.
- Use the Volume Down button to highlight yes.
- Press the Power button to confirm factory reset.
Galaxy Note 10 Not Fast Charging Issue # Method 10: Repair
If none of the suggestions above work, there may be a deeper reason why your Galaxy Note10 + camera has camera issues. To have the phone inspected, visit your local Samsung store or Service Center.